Who doesn't love books? Holding them, reading them, collecting them, writing in journals and making them.
On September 2nd, I will be hosting an artist book workshop. We will create two books to take away at the end of the day. This is what we will cover:
- Various ways of presenting books.
- Book binding techniques.
- Use of lettering and typography.
- Layout and design.
- Developing a book from idea to finished article.
Make a concertina book from scratch - bring a basic book concept and some reference material, perhaps photographs, drawings, watercolour painting, poem etc.
Make a blank pamphlet book with artist paper - choose from watercolour, drawing or pastel paper and include a watercolour palette.
- When: Saturday 2nd September 11am until 5pm
- Where: Collaroy, Sydney
- Cost: $110 - $50 deposit to secure your place
- What to bring: lunch, artist materials, pencils, paint etc, inspirational photos, drawings.
- Afternoon tea is included
- Materials for making the 2 books are supplied
- Maximum of 6 participants
If you are interested in coming, please phone Bernadette on 0432 731 488 and I'd love to chat with you about your ideas and answer any questions you may have.